Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Depositing a Manually Added Publication
- If you don't find the scholarly activity on your profile, click the Plus on the upper right of your list of scholarly activities to manually add the item.
- Select the scholarly activity that best fits what you would like to deposit from the options presented. (need to note which things are cross-walked because if they select an option not cross-walked, it won't get deposited)
- You will be given the option to search for your scholarly activity in Elements. If you don't find it, click Skip.
- Enter the citation information for your scholarly activity in the form and click save. (Do we need any instructions for specific fields in the form?)
- If you are adding a copy of the scholarly activity, upload the pdf. If your scholarly activity cannot be submitted as a pdf, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help. If you do not wish to include a copy of the scholarly activity, select deposit without files. See the Metadata Only page for more information about depositing a scholarly activity with only citation information.
- If you need to place an embargo on the item, check the box where it says "I would like to specify an embargo," then select the length of the embargo from the drop-down menu. If you do not see the embargo period you need, contact email@example.com.
- If you would like to specify a license type, check the box where it says "I would like to specify a license type," then select the license type from the drop-down menu. If you do not see the license type you need, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not select a license type, it will be assigned as under copyright. For more information about copyright and licenses, see our Copyright and License Types page. (The license types in this part of Elements don't match the options on the Copyright and License Types page)
- Once you have completed all these steps, click the Deposit button. Your submission will be reviewed by library staff and then published to the repository. You will receive an email when you item has been published.