Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Title Page Elements
General Student Title Page Elements -- check with your professor
- Paper title
- Author name(s)
- Author affiliation (department, university)
- Course number and name
- Instructor name
- Assignment due date
- Page number in the header
Professional Title Page Elements
- Paper title
- Author names
- Author affiliations
- Author note
- Running head
- Page number
- Use APA's 5 levels of headings to establish sections and organize your paper.
- Use headings to establish sections and organize your paper.
- Do use title case for all headings.
- Don't label headings with numbers or letters or use only one subheading.
- Use any accessible sans serif or serif font throughout your paper. Options include:
- 11-point Calibri
- 11-point Arial
- 12-point Times New Roman
- 11-point Georgia
- Figures, footnotes, and computer code are the exceptions. Refer to Section 2.19 of the APA Publication Manual, Seventh Edition for specifics.
- Set your paper margins left-aligned, 1-inch on all sides.
- Double space your paper, and remove extra spacing between paragraphs or headings.
- Exceptions include the title page, tables, figures, footnotes, and displayed equations. Refer to Section 2.21 of the APA Publication Manual, Seventh Edition.
APA Style Websites
APA Style Blog, Seventh Edition
The APA Style Blog is the official companion to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Seventh Edition.