Please add the following sections to your Elements profile.
- Scholarly activities
- Awarded grants
- Teaching & mentoring
Detailed instructions below.
- Review your profile.
- Add missing items to your profile, including:
- An overview statement
- Research interests
- Teaching summary
- MWU academic appointments
- MWU administrative appointments
- Certifications and postgraduate trainings
- Language competencies
If any pre-populated information is incorrect, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, as these issues need to be addressed in the source system.
If you don't have a portrait in your profile and would like to have one added, contact media resources to have your portrait taken.
- Review your Claimed and Pending publication queues
- Data has been harvested from PubMed, Web of Science
- Claim or reject publications in your queue
- Modify your search settings, if needed, including:
- Name variants, Addresses, Keywords, Author IDs, if you already have one/them
- Your default search settings may contain Midwestern U, Midwestern Univ, Midwestern University; if you have published at another institution you should add previous institutions
- Add missing publications, by either:
- Review your claimed, awarded grants.
- This has been pre-populated from hand-entered data from the ORSP annual reports.
- It will only include awarded grants.
- If you find an awarded grant is missing or needs to be edited, please include the following information to email@example.com
- Project Title
- Start Date
- End Date
- Total Award
- Please be sure to include any missing items including grants received while not employed at Midwestern University.
- Review your professional activities.
- This may have pre-populated with your external honors/awards from faculty web pages.
- Add missing items. The majority of service-related activities will need to be manually added.
Teaching & mentoring:
- Review and link yourself to your courses taught.
- This has been pre-populated for course directors from the University Registrar System.
- Data was loaded for the past 8 years from Midwestern CARS database
- To link yourself, first search for the course, then link yourself to this course
- Course search strategy: It is easiest to search for the last name of the course director or the course number and the year the class was taught. Use quotation marks around the phrase. E.g. “Swanson-Mungerson 2020” or "OPTOD 1750 2020".
- Manually add additional items such as courses developed, mentoring, etc.