- Review your profile.
- Add missing items to your profile, including:
- An overview statement
- Research interests
- Teaching summary
- MWU academic appointments
- MWU administrative appointments
- Certifications and postgraduate trainings
- Language competencies
If any pre-populated information is incorrect, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, as these issues need to be addressed in the source system.
If you don't have a portrait in your profile and would like to have one added, contact media resources to have your portrait taken.
Adding Activities to Your Elements Profile
Please add the following sections to your Elements profile.
- Scholarly activities
- Awarded grants
- Teaching & mentoring
Detailed instructions below.
- Review your Claimed and Pending publication queues
- Data has been harvested from PubMed, Web of Science
- Claim or reject publications in your queue
- Modify your search settings, if needed, including:
- Name variants, Addresses, Keywords, Author IDs, if you already have one/them
- Your default search settings may contain Midwestern U, Midwestern Univ, Midwestern University; if you have published at another institution you should add previous institutions
- Add missing publications, by either:
- Review your claimed, awarded grants.
- This has been pre-populated from hand-entered data from the ORSP annual reports.
- It will only include awarded grants.
- If you find an awarded grant is missing or needs to be edited, please include the following information to email@example.com
- Project Title
- Start Date
- End Date
- Total Award
- Please be sure to include any missing items including grants received while not employed at Midwestern University.
- Review your professional activities.
- This may have pre-populated with your external honors/awards from faculty web pages.
- Add missing items. The majority of service-related activities will need to be manually added.
Teaching & mentoring:
- Review and link yourself to your courses taught.
- This has been pre-populated for course directors from the University Registrar System.
- Data was loaded for the past 8 years from Midwestern CARS database
- To link yourself, first search for the course, then link yourself to this course
- Course search strategy: It is easiest to search for the last name of the course director or the course number and the year the class was taught. Use quotation marks around the phrase. E.g. “Swanson-Mungerson 2020” or "OPTOD 1750 2020".
- Manually add additional items such as courses developed, mentoring, etc.